Experience the new way people work in the age of the independent mobile worker. If you are self-employed, telecommute, work primarily on your own, or are on the road a lot, you are an independent mobile worker.
There are over 30 million of mobile workers in the United States. Why so many? Massive changes in technology, the economy, and the quality of life/work have all played a part. But as these changes have taken place in the workforce, little has changed in the physical workplace.
QuIC offers what today’s workforce is demanding in a workspace; flexibility, economy, convenience, business mentoring if needed, and social interaction with like-minded individuals. So, what do these mobile workers look like?
- Small businesses and startups that do not want the expense and administrative burden of leasing, outfitting, and managing a conventional office
- Home-based business owners and telecommuters who like the convenience of working from home, but miss the entrepreneurial environment and networking opportunities
- Existing companies that would like a flexible way to manage overflow needs and the ease of scale up and down as contracts dictate
- Workers that are road warriors, but between appointments need a place to be comfortable, and in a functional working setting with available business equipment and services
- Business and vacation travelers who need occasional workspace or meeting space while away from their home base
- Managers of companies that have traditional office space, but know statistically that increased productivity comes from holding meetings offsite
- Workers in creative or innovative industries that value collaborative space
- Out of state companies that would like a Virginia presence without the commitment of traditional office space
- Others who want the flexibility of a variety of workspace options in one location
- Those that like the idea of saving money and limiting waste of resources, while increasing networking opportunities
QuIC offers a variety of flexible workspace styles in a professional and comfortable environment. QuIC facilities and services are available on a short-term or long-term basis, and come in a variety of packages to fit every work style and budget.
QuIC offers a conference room that seats 20, and a separate presentation room with six counter-height chairs and a sofa. They are suitable for client demos, interviewing candidates, training employees, or for intimate meetings. Meeting rooms are available to QuIC members at no additional cost, and on an hourly basis to non-members.
QuIC member services:
- Fast and reliable WiFi throughout the space
- Professional, customer service-oriented front desk staff (during business hours)
- Reception for guests and a controlled access workspace for companies
- Light secretarial support; copying, mail/package handling, marketing assistance
- Shared print/copy/scanning equipment
- Full kitchen with coffee and tea available
- Notary service (during business hours)
- Seminars and workshops on topics of interest to QuIC clients
- Social networking events
Key advantages to virtual and co-working office space:
- Desirable Quantico address for mail and deliveries, and for client meetings in a professional atmosphere at a fraction of the cost of a traditional office.
- There are no leases, mortgages, or rental contracts, just a membership agreement. This means little financial commitment, and flexible terms from three months to three years.
- Become operational instantly while concentrating on business core competencies, not the hassle of negotiating, committing to, and managing a lease or purchase.
- Cut overhead substantially, while having the ability to use the light secretarial services to handle calls, make copies, and do other minor tasks.
- Business development is maximized while multi-tasking staff manages the space, clients, and office equipment.
- Access to multi-media and conference rooms.
- Save time and the environment by not traveling to distant offices and clogging the roadways with pollutants.
- Test the market before making an expensive commitment, and gauge customer reaction and market opportunities prior spending a ton of money on a full market investment plan.
- Easy access to Marine Corps Base Quantico, prime contractors, and many three- and four-letter agencies.
- Higher productivity due to flexible space configurations for collaborative efforts.